1. The International Criminal Court is broken.
By Elizabeth Peet in Wilson Quarterly
2. Stop giving away public land for pocket change.
By Jayni Foley Hein in the Washington Post
3. While Syria burns next door, Lebanon’s fabric is fraying.
By Mohamad Bazzi at Reuters
4. Beat the flu — by not targeting the flu.
By Michael Byrne at Motherboard
5. The rise of Africa’s super vegetables.
By Rachel Cernansky in Nature
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now