The Game of Thrones’ epic season finale drew the show’s largest audience ever.
The episode—which set the Internet abuzz with reactions—drew 8.1 million viewers, according to Nielsen “live plus same-day” estimates, despite coinciding with the NBA finals in most parts of the country. The fifth-season sendoff saw ratings 13% higher than last week’s episode (7.14 million) and last season’s finale (7.09 million).
And if your Twitter feed seemed like it was exclusively Game of Thrones-related content, that may be because it was. The finale also landed atop the Nielsen Twitter TV Ratings weekly list, with 436,000 relevant tweets seen by 5.1 million people.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy