Of course Jon Stewart was going to weigh in on the saga of Rachel Dolezal, the former leader of the Spokane chapter of the NAACP, who stepped down after her parents publicly revealed that she’d been misrepresenting her race.
Dolezal has been portraying herself as African-America for a decade, but as her parents revealed, she’s actually of Czech, Swedish and German descent. Or, as Jon Stewart calls it: “really f—king white.”
But the Daily Show host doesn’t just mock Dolezal herself, he also calls out Fox News for attempting to connect this one isolated incident to the wider political landscape.
“How do you make all these sweeping generalizations about it anyway?” Stewart said. “One lady in Washington State’s second-largest city pretending to be black: ‘Well, clearly liberal culture has reached its nadir.'”
To further discuss the story, Stewart turns to his “senior black correspondent,” who turns out to be the very white Jordan Klepper.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization