This past weekend, Aaron Paul teased a “top secret” project to his Instagram followers: “Can’t wait to tell you what this is all about. It’s top secret for now but you all will know soon enough,” he wrote. “It’s a new gig that I am over the moon about. Thank you angel for sending this to me from across the country. Love you lots and lots.”
On Monday night, the mystery was solved: Paul went on Periscope to tell his fans that a Breaking Bad spinoff focused on Jesse Pinkman, his character from the show, was in the works. The reaction was jubilant … until Paul said he was only making a joke.
Paul’s followers were noticeably displeased. In a second Periscope,the actor apologized and offered to take everyone in Boston, where he’s currently filming a movie, to see Mad Max: Fury Road. Paul also tweeted the invite to his 2.47 million followers.
Paul has seemingly seen a lot of movies while on the set of Central Intelligence, which also stars Kevin Hart and Dwayne Johnson. Here was his reaction to Jurassic World.
Periscope videos aren’t publicly archived, but Paul’s Monday night chat was captured on YouTube. Interested parties can watch it over at Uproxx.
This article originally appeared on EW.com.
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement