This past weekend, Aaron Paul teased a “top secret” project to his Instagram followers: “Can’t wait to tell you what this is all about. It’s top secret for now but you all will know soon enough,” he wrote. “It’s a new gig that I am over the moon about. Thank you angel for sending this to me from across the country. Love you lots and lots.”
On Monday night, the mystery was solved: Paul went on Periscope to tell his fans that a Breaking Bad spinoff focused on Jesse Pinkman, his character from the show, was in the works. The reaction was jubilant … until Paul said he was only making a joke.
Paul’s followers were noticeably displeased. In a second Periscope,the actor apologized and offered to take everyone in Boston, where he’s currently filming a movie, to see Mad Max: Fury Road. Paul also tweeted the invite to his 2.47 million followers.
Paul has seemingly seen a lot of movies while on the set of Central Intelligence, which also stars Kevin Hart and Dwayne Johnson. Here was his reaction to Jurassic World.
Periscope videos aren’t publicly archived, but Paul’s Monday night chat was captured on YouTube. Interested parties can watch it over at Uproxx.
This article originally appeared on EW.com.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- How a Government Shutdown Could Affect You
- The Threat to Louisiana's Drinking Water
- Colleges Get Creative to Boost Mental Health
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time