If you’re an Ed Sheeran fan, the odds of having a chance encounter with him seem pretty high at this point. The X singer has surprised fans at weddings, on Irish TV shows, and inside their schools. Now, Sheeran has done it again, this time in a Canadian mall.
While on tour, Sheeran stopped by the West Edmonton Mall, when he heard 13-year-old Sydney Bourbeau singing his hit song “Thinking Out Loud” at her local Humane Society fundraiser. He hopped up on stage, and joined her for a duet. “I was like, should I stop?” Bourbeau told the Edmonton Journal. “I didn’t want to stop, but I wanted to talk to him. This is like, the best thing that’s ever happened to me.”
According to the paper, Sheeran’s manager texted her after the impromptu performance and offered her two tickets to his show at Rexall place. Awws all around.
Bourbeau also posted about her delight at the duet on Twitter.
- Governor Gretchen Whitmer on Her Fight for Abortion Access in Michigan
- Inside the War on Fake Consumer Reviews
- Column: Europe's Refugee Crisis Is Going to Get Worse
- How Lawmakers Are Trying to Protect Abortion Data Privacy
- The Surprising Thing That Could Help Ease Inflation
- Finding the American Dream in Canada
- The Safest Sunscreens to Buy—and Which Ingredients to Avoid
- Fact-Checking 8 Claims About Crypto’s Climate Impact
- How Grief Upsets Your Gut Health
- Who Could Replace Boris Johnson As U.K. Prime Minister?