Amy Schumer may have just bought herself a very devoted fan. The star of Comedy Central’s Inside Amy Schumer recently left a waiter a $500 tip on a $49 bill.
Schumer was dining at Peter’s Clam Bar in Long Island, New York, when she struck up a conversation with her server, a college student who is working two jobs to pay for his education, the New York Post reports. When the check came, she decided to leave him a 1,000% tip to help out.
The star and writer of the forthcoming Trainwreck may have related to her server on a personal level—she waited tables at Michael Jordan’s Steakhouse in New York City before her big break.
Schumer downplayed the tip in a tweet on Tuesday.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow