Amy Schumer may have just bought herself a very devoted fan. The star of Comedy Central’s Inside Amy Schumer recently left a waiter a $500 tip on a $49 bill.
Schumer was dining at Peter’s Clam Bar in Long Island, New York, when she struck up a conversation with her server, a college student who is working two jobs to pay for his education, the New York Post reports. When the check came, she decided to leave him a 1,000% tip to help out.
The star and writer of the forthcoming Trainwreck may have related to her server on a personal level—she waited tables at Michael Jordan’s Steakhouse in New York City before her big break.
Schumer downplayed the tip in a tweet on Tuesday.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears