Amy Schumer may have just bought herself a very devoted fan. The star of Comedy Central’s Inside Amy Schumer recently left a waiter a $500 tip on a $49 bill.
Schumer was dining at Peter’s Clam Bar in Long Island, New York, when she struck up a conversation with her server, a college student who is working two jobs to pay for his education, the New York Post reports. When the check came, she decided to leave him a 1,000% tip to help out.
The star and writer of the forthcoming Trainwreck may have related to her server on a personal level—she waited tables at Michael Jordan’s Steakhouse in New York City before her big break.
Schumer downplayed the tip in a tweet on Tuesday.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer