While preparing for their upcoming “Magical Nights,” staff members at Belgium’s Pairi Daiza zoo invited some skilled violinists to rehearse in front of a few elephants. The animals really seem to appreciate the performance and they totally sway their trunks in time with the music.
The violinists in that clip are Jean-François Chamberlan and Anne Pingen, two “well-known members of Belgium’s Royal Chamber Orchestra,” Nico Vanhee, a spokesperson for the zoo, told BuzzFeed.
Sadly, though, not all the animals were as appreciative of high culture.
“The lions didn’t appreciate it,” Vanhee said, “and one monkey climbed on the instruments to stop the musician playing.”
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization