While preparing for their upcoming “Magical Nights,” staff members at Belgium’s Pairi Daiza zoo invited some skilled violinists to rehearse in front of a few elephants. The animals really seem to appreciate the performance and they totally sway their trunks in time with the music.
The violinists in that clip are Jean-François Chamberlan and Anne Pingen, two “well-known members of Belgium’s Royal Chamber Orchestra,” Nico Vanhee, a spokesperson for the zoo, told BuzzFeed.
Sadly, though, not all the animals were as appreciative of high culture.
“The lions didn’t appreciate it,” Vanhee said, “and one monkey climbed on the instruments to stop the musician playing.”
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time