Microsoft’s E3 2015 presentation didn’t disappoint. Along with demonstrations of the upcoming Halo 5, Forza 6, and Gears 4, the company announced a new remastered version in the Gears of War franchise.
The so-called Gears of War Ultimate Edition is bringing the beloved original game to Microsoft’s current-generation console, the Xbox One. The company said the new version would run at a higher, 1080p resolution and that gameplay would be 60-frames-per-second. The franchise consists of four third-person shooter video games that pit humans against burrowing aliens and has generated over $1 billion sales, according to Microsoft.
What’s more, a beta version of Gears of War Ultimate Edition will be available on Xbox One on June 15.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization