Microsoft had a plethora of Xbox news at E3 2015 on Monday dealing with titles from Halo 5 to Minecraft. Here’s a roundup of everything you might have missed:
Xbox One is getting backward compatibility. It will launch with 100 titles later this year and let you play the Xbox 360 games you already own for free.
Halo 5: Guardians has a new multiplayer mode. It’s called “Warzone,” and it looks like the Battlefield series, with 24-player modes and maps that are up to four times bigger. Halo 5 is out Oct. 27.
Microsoft is making a new Xbox One controller. The “Wireless Elite” has highly customizable buttons and works with Windows 10 as well:
Forza 6 has a release date. It’s out Sept. 16. Get ready to drive real fast, again.
So does Dark Souls III. Well, it’s “early 2016.”
You’ll be able to play some Xbox One games before they’re finished. It’s called Xbox One Game Preview and it’s similar to what Steam does with Early Access.
Microsoft rebuilt Minecraft for the HoloLens. And it looks flipping fantastic.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State