Game of Thrones fans shouldn’t have been so shocked to see Jon Snow killed off last night’s season five finale. There were plenty of signs: Sam assuring Olly that Jon Snow always comes back, Olly’s glares, the fact that heroic characters on Game of Thrones always meet untimely ends. But the biggest spoiler at all came from actor Kit Harington himself when he cut his hair.
Harington chopped off Jon Snow’s signature locks last winter, immediately prompting fans to question the character’s fate. Harington had often complained that he wasn’t allowed to cut his hair while he was on the show, so the new look seemed a sure sign that he would not be returning for season six.
Turns out, the fans were right. As Harington told Entertainment Weekly, Jon really is dead, all warging theories aside.
This isn’t the first time an actor has accidentally spoiled a plot line on the show. Last year, Lena Headey (Cersei Lannister) posted a photo with Pedro Pascal that hinted at Prince Oberyn’s fate two months before the head-crushing episode actually aired.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer