All eyes were on the 22-month-old as he waved to the crowd and fiddled with dad Prince William’s uniform during Saturday’s Trooping the Colour ceremony honoring Queen Elizabeth II’s 89th birthday, People reports. In his first appearance on the Buckingham Palace balcony, George wore a blue get-up with cream lace that’s identical to the one his father, Prince William, wore in his first time on the balcony in 1984.
The occasion was the first time the Queen and her immediate heirs—son Prince Charles, grandson Prince William and great-grandson Prince George—were all together in public. It also marked the first public appearance from George’s mom, Kate Middleton, since giving birth to Charlotte last month.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow