We’re going to live in a world where “I’m a cop, you idiot!” could be exclaimed by someone who isn’t Arnold Schwarzenegger. Universal’s 1400 division is remaking the classic 1990 Ivan Reitman film Kindergarten Cop, a Universal spokesperson confirmed to EW. The project is currently in pre-production
Michael Don Paul is slated to direct. American Pie writer David H. Steinberg is set to pen the screenplay, which involves some big changes from the original Arnold vehicle. The leading cop with will be paired with an Indian sidekick named Sanjit. Instead of hunting down a criminal’s ex-wife, it’s tracking down a lost flash drive…that finds its way to a kids’ classroom. Hilarity will likely ensue.
Kindergarten Cop will debut on Blu-ray/DVD. As of now, there are no plans for it to become a series. Show Biz 411 first reported the remake.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving