By Nolan Feeney
June 13, 2015

A star of TLC’s Here Comes Honey Boo Boo has criticized the network’s handling of the sexual assault scandal facing the Duggar family from another one of the network’s shows, 19 Kids and Counting, calling it “a double standard.”

“What Josh did and what happened to the Duggar family was a whole lot worse than what we were doing,” “Mama” June Shannon told The Wrap. “I didn’t cover up anything, I was honest from the very beginning.”

Though it has currently pulled all episodes from air, TLC has not decided on the future of 19 Kids and Counting since Josh Duggar, the oldest child of the Duggar family, admitted last month to fondling young girls, including some of his own sisters, as a teenager. In contrast, Shannon says the network canceled Here Comes Honey Boo Boo mere hours after she was accused of dating a convicted child molester, even though she denied and still denies the allegations.

“I do think it’s a double standard,” Shannon said. “They’re kind of like backing them. They have a lot of high exec people hanging out with them.” Shannon, who says she has considered suing TLC, believes TLC is coaching the Duggar family and preparing them for all their interviews and public appearances.

“They’re telling them what to say, or what to do, or not what to do,” she said. “Because that’s how they worked with us. ‘This is what you’re gonna say, you’re gonna stick to it.’”

TLC representatives did not respond to The Wrap’s request for comment.

[The Wrap]

Write to Nolan Feeney at nolan.feeney@time.com.

SPONSORED FINANCIAL CONTENT

Read More From TIME

EDIT POST