From the first moment you were in my arms, I have told you how incredibly grateful, honored and blessed I am to be your father. But I don’t believe I ever told you how you changed my life.
For years, the one thing always clear in my heart was that I wanted to be a father. I dreamed of it often and found great strength and inspiration from the possibility.
When this dream became a reality, you can’t imagine the joy and emotions that filled me. I was anxiously awaiting your arrival, counting the days, the hours, the minutes until your birth. I must have read every book out there about parenting, preparing myself for your arrival. Then, finally, the first time I held you in my arms, the world stopped for me.
The most beautiful and indescribable feeling took over. I felt the purest form of love for the first time in my life. You were finally with me, and I knew I was the luckiest and happiest man in the world!
Since that first moment, my journey with you two has been filled with joy and adventure. We have been traveling the world together since you were just two years old. We learn new things everyday, and I am amazed by anything and everything you do. You make me a better person and inspire me to try new things such as write my first children’s book.
Above all, my beautiful sons, your love gave me the strength to live an honest life. A life of courage and transparency, which fills me with great pride and peace. What an amazing gift you have given me, and I’m forever thankful to you.
If there is anything I want you to live with, aside from knowing that you are unconditionally loved and adored by me and our family and friends, it is that you can be YOURSELF. Don’t ever let anyone or anything make you feel like you can’t be your true self.
Whatever you decide to be or do, I will always be by your side. Please take strength and comfort in that knowledge and never forget it.
I love you,
Martin is a Grammy-winning musician who has sold more than 70 million albums worldwide
- LeBron James Could Take Pickleball—Yes, Pickleball—to the Next Level
- It's Going to Be a Lot More Expensive to Heat Your Home This Winter. Here's What To Expect
- The U.S. Might Be the Surprising Determining Factor in the Future of Armenia
- Rapper Saucy Santana Is Opening a Door For His Community
- Here are the Biggest Moments from the TIME100 Leadership Forum and Impact Awards in Singapore
- Column: Russia Wants to Lock Ukraine Back in the Soviet Cellar
- As the Kanjuruhan Tragedy Shows, Indonesia Has Not Resolved Its Long-Standing Problem of Soccer Violence
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in October 2022
- A New Documentary Series Illuminates the History and Evolution of Queer Horror