Words cannot describe how much I love you both. But on this Father’s Day, I will try.
Alexa, you have the heart and soul of a beautiful artist, always curious about life. You are amazing at math, science, piano, guitar, art, gymnastics, and congrats on your Presidential Fitness Award! You have only scratched the surface of your talents. You truly embody my musical side. Teaching you how to play A-ha’s “Take On Me” is just as gratifying as watching you learn Bach’s “Minuet in G.” It goes without saying you have made me and your mother soooo proud and happy. Quite simply, you’re my miracle. And most of all, I love how you kiss your biceps (inside joke :)). Your smile lights up my life and everyone around you.
Zooey, you’re the funniest person I know, and your appearance on Jimmy Kimmel proved that! You have my silliness and your mother’s grace. I am so proud of how you truly love school, friends, and life. Your acting teacher loves you very much, not only because you are so talented and funny, but also because you are always prepared and know your lines. Your swimming coach loves you because you’re patient and you genuinely enjoy what you do. Your school teachers love you because you always excel at everything while putting a smile on their faces. Your father loves you because you’re you.
Putting you both to bed is my favorite part of the day. I love reading to you. Pure joy. There is nothing I’ll ever do that will equal being your father.
Alexa & Zooey, you have the best mother in the world. She is the strongest yet the most gentle person I know. She is the true spirit of our family. You are both so similar to Mommy and me, yet you are unique people in your own right. You will both do things that your mother and I would never imagine doing, and you will both be amazing at it. I am excited to see what the future brings.
On Father’s Day, no need for presents. I already have my gifts: both of you and Mom. Everyday is Father’s Day.
PS. And to my own father, Dr. DK Jeong, I owe everything to you. When you gave me your blessings to pursue acting full time, it was your and [Jeong’s wife] Tran’s love that kept me going and still keeps me going today. I am so proud and honored to be your son, and it is a true blessing to be able to share our joys together. That is why I named my own company after you, DK Entertainment. Happy Father’s Day!
Jeong is the star of ABC’s Dr. Ken, premiering this fall
- Effective Altruism Promises to Do Good Better. These Women Say It Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- From Jan. 6 to Tyre Nichols, American Life Is Still Defined by Caste
- As People Return to Offices, It’s Back to Miserable for America’s Working Moms
- The Real Reason Florida Wants to Ban AP African-American Studies, According to an Architect of the Course
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year