A few days ago, Zoe Saldana said her husband, Italian artist Marco Perego, had taken her last name — and that news apparently caused a bit of a stir. Jimmy Kimmel brought this up Thursday night when the actress stopped by his show — and she quickly shut down his sexist questions.
“He took your last name – did you make him do that?” Kimmel asked.
“No! Oh my God!” Saldana responded. “Why does it mean that a woman has to hold a gun, like, ‘You’re gonna be Saldana!'”
The actress also clarified that she and her husband actually took each other’s names. She became Zoe Saldana-Perego and he became Marco Perego-Saldana. And a few days ago, Saldana wrote a lengthy Facebook post, urging us all to let go “of some of the limitations we have inherited from the past, and forge a new path moving forward.”
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow