Graduates of an all-boys high school in a Los Angeles neighborhood with a rocky past have a lot to celebrate.
Each graduating student of Verbum Dei High School, a Jesuit college preparatory institution located in Los Angeles’s Watts neighborhood, was accepted to a four-year college, KTLA reports. This year’s class, 70 students of approximately 260 overall, is the school’s seventh in a row to reach a 100% acceptance rate.
Verbum Dei’s student body is about 50% black and 50% Latino, according to the school’s website.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow