Even though KSNT reporter Katya Leick was recording her stand-up from a tank at Fort Riley near Topeka, Kansas, surrounded by Army personnel in fatigues, it seemed like nothing could protect her from an ambush of pestering cicadas.
In video that, fortunately for Leick, was not live, she can be seen swatting the insects away and shrieking when they stuck to her face. Also fortunately for Leick — and anyone else who ends up in this situation — experts say the insects are harmless.
Read next: 7 Things You Didn’t Know About Cicadas
- The Case for Mediocrity
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- Meet the 2023 TIME100 Next: the Emerging Leaders Shaping the World
- Oprah and Arthur C. Brooks: How to Separate Work From Your Identity
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- You Don’t Have to Like Wrestling to Love Netflix’s Excellent Wrestlers
- The Most Anticipated Books, Movies, TV, and Music of Fall 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time