Black Simon and Garfunkel appeared on last night’s Tonight Show for their latest folkie cover of a pop hit. This time the parody duo—aka The Roots’ Questlove and “Captain” Kirk Douglas—brought their black turtleneck comedy to Taylor Swift’s “Bad Blood,” complete with choreographed head turns and a coda of the “lai-la-lai” from the real Simon & Garfunkel’s “The Boxer.” All in an evening’s work for the two members of the Roots, who have performed hits like “Royals” and “Roar” since Fallon’s Late Night days.
Check out the clip below.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org