Black Simon and Garfunkel appeared on last night’s Tonight Show for their latest folkie cover of a pop hit. This time the parody duo—aka The Roots’ Questlove and “Captain” Kirk Douglas—brought their black turtleneck comedy to Taylor Swift’s “Bad Blood,” complete with choreographed head turns and a coda of the “lai-la-lai” from the real Simon & Garfunkel’s “The Boxer.” All in an evening’s work for the two members of the Roots, who have performed hits like “Royals” and “Roar” since Fallon’s Late Night days.
Check out the clip below.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science