The Mother of Dragons and the Half-Man shared their first scene together in the show’s history on Game of Thrones this season — and you couldn’t find two people more excited about that than the actors who play them, Emilia Clarke and Peter Dinklage.
“I’m like: ‘Oh my goodness, I’m talking to that dude on my telly,’” Clarke told Entertainment Weekly about what was running through her mind. “I’m nervous. Butterflies. This is huge.”
For Dinklage, the scene was a long time coming. “I knew it had to happen,” he said in a sit-down interview with Clarke right after finishing filming the scene. “I’d heard from [showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss] that it was inevitable.”
The characters’ meeting, however, caught Clarke by surprise. “I was just flipping along reading, reading—“WHAT!?” she said. “And then at the end of the episode, there was a break and I was like, ‘Why don’t you send me the next script? I want to know what happens.'”
Read the rest of EW.com’s interview with the Game of Thrones stars here.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating