Our first gameplay glimpse of Sony’s Ratchet & Clank for PlayStation 4 just hit, and developer Insomniac’s partner-platforming reboot looks pretty dang amazing.
Sure, you’re saying, “But ‘Pixar beat’? Come on!” I don’t just mean visually. Graphically speaking, “equalled” may be fairer (itself no mean feat). But how many CGI-animated film-caliber worlds can you zip around and live inside and basically direct yourself? Pixar, we still love you, but we can’t play you — except maybe that’s about to change when this thing hits next spring.
Bear in mind you’re looking at scenes from the upcoming 2016 Ratchet & Clank CGI-animated film intermingled with gameplay clips. Having trouble distinguishing the latter from the former? Me too.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- How Worried Should the World Be of China's New COVID Wave?
- Succession Was a Race to the Bottom, And Everybody Won
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- How Drag Culture Inspired Ursula
- Drought Crisis Spurs U.S.-Mexico Collaboration
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction