Twenty-seven seasons in, Springfield is about to get its biggest heartbreak yet—Homer and Marge Simpson are set to legally separate.
According to Al Jean, executive producer of The Simpsons, this season’s premiere features the discovery that Homer Simpson has been suffering from narcolepsy all these years. The new diagnosis sends Homer and Marge’s marriage into a downward spiral, and eventually, the two split up.
Still, the fun is far from over. According to Jean, Homer soon moves on to another woman—his pharmacist, voiced by none other than Girls creator Lena Dunham. “We’ll have cameos from the other women from Girls,” too, Jean told Variety.
This is the second big piece of news Jean has dropped on viewers this week. Simpsons producers at the ATX Festival in Austin on Saturday announced that Sideshow Bob will actually kill Bart Simpson in this year’s annual Halloween episode. And last month, Harry Shearer, who lends his voice to Ned Flanders and Mr. Burns on the show, announced that he would not be returning for its 27th season.
The premiere of the new season is scheduled to air on Fox on Sept. 27.
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now