It’s official: Raven-Symoné is now a permanent co-host on The View.
The news was officially announced on Wednesday’s show that the former Cosby Show star, who has served as a guest co-host 37 times, will join panelists Whoopi Goldberg, Nicolle Wallace and Rosie Perez effective immediately.
In a statement released by ABC, Raven-Symoné, called the appointment “another one of my dreams come true!”
After Wednesday’s announcement at the top of the hour, the new co-host, 29, proudly shared with the audience: “I remember coming to show with the Cheetah Girls when I was 15,” and said, “I’m very happy to be sitting with these smart, talented mentors.” After that she presented some tasty gifts – bacon and sweets for several of the panelists and potato chips and watermelon for Goldberg, 59.
She continued, “Being a part of The View family will be a wonderful growing experience for me. The cast and crew are warm and welcoming and have made the transition into daytime talk easier. I have a lot to learn within this new arena, but being the apprentice of these spectacular women will only make me a better person and talk show host.”
Former moderator Barbara Walters, who remains an executive producer on the show, added, “Raven-Symoné is a welcome addition to The View. She is happy, amusing and well-informed, and has already brought a unique perspective to the program that has resonated with our audience.”
The View airs weekdays (11 a.m. ET) on ABC.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy