A woman who works in the maximum-security New York prison where two convicted murderers escaped is being questioned by state police as a person of interest, authorities said Tuesday.
New York state police are talking with Joyce Mitchell, an employee of Clinton Correctional Facility’s tailor shop, as they try to figure out how the killers, Richard Matt and David Sweat, pulled off their daring prison break.
Both inmates worked in the tailor shop where Mitchell is an instructor, according to police. Mitchell checked herself into the hospital with “a case of nerves” on Saturday, when the inmates were discovered to…
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time