Fans of the Hunger Games books know that the second part of Mockingjay is incredibly tragic, but there are moments of bittersweet happiness in the first trailer for the film: most notably an embrace between Jennifer Lawrence’s Katniss and Willow Shields’ Prim.
The trailer also features a look at Game of Thrones’ Gwendoline Christie as Commander Lyme, the wedding of Finnick and Annie, and a reconciliation between Katniss and Peeta. The first part of Mockingjay ended with Peeta, rescued from the Capitol, but still hijacked, acting murderous toward his love.
The final installment of the series is due out in theaters Nov. 20.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time