Fans of the Hunger Games books know that the second part of Mockingjay is incredibly tragic, but there are moments of bittersweet happiness in the first trailer for the film: most notably an embrace between Jennifer Lawrence’s Katniss and Willow Shields’ Prim.
The trailer also features a look at Game of Thrones’ Gwendoline Christie as Commander Lyme, the wedding of Finnick and Annie, and a reconciliation between Katniss and Peeta. The first part of Mockingjay ended with Peeta, rescued from the Capitol, but still hijacked, acting murderous toward his love.
The final installment of the series is due out in theaters Nov. 20.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This