Larry David and Jason Alexander stopped by The Tonight Show Monday to discuss David’s Broadway play Fish in the Dark. David previously starred in it but, beginning June 9, Alexander will take over for the rest of the show’s run.
It’s kind of surreal watching both Alexander and David talk with Jimmy Fallon. It’s kind of like watching two George Costanzas from some bizarre Seinfeld universe. Fallon handles it quite well, though.
The most quintessentially Larry David moment comes about 35 seconds in, when he puts on his suspicious, accusatory voice and says to Fallon, “I noticed, uh, I never saw you backstage.” Fallon replies that he doesn’t “do backstage.” Then Larry fires back, “I don’t think you did front stage!”
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Why It’s OK to Say No to That Party You’re Dreading
- COP28 Is a Business Bonanza. Should It Be?
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- Column: When India Was a Human Rights Leader
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time