Victor Espinoza, the jockey who rode American Pharoah to his Triple Crown victory, maybe deserves a break from competition. However, Jimmy Fallon made Espinoza race again on The Tonight Show Monday, challenging the jockey to a race on mini-motorcycles, which he dubbed the “Quadruple Crown.”
The course, which was intended to represent each leg of the actual Triple Crown, featured some women in Kentucky Derby-esque hats, Preakness-type mud throwing and Belmont bookies. Espinoza took an early wrong turn, but still emerged the winner.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving