Rapper The Game turned himself in to authorities on Monday for allegedly punching an off-duty police officer in the face.
The incident took place on March 29 while the two were playing a game of basketball at the Hollywood High School gym, according to Reuters. The punch was allegedly recorded on video and posted online, the Associated Press reports.
The Game, whose real name is Jayceon Terrell Taylor, was booked on suspicion of making criminal threats after surrendering to police at noon on Monday. He posted $50,000 bail within the hour and was released.
Officials did not address why there was such a long delay between the incident and the arrest.
But the rapper has kept a sense of humor throughout the entire ordeal. On Monday, The Game posted a shot of himself squatting outside the LAPD’s Hollywood station, captioning the pic, “Waiting on my uber.”
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Why We Can't Get Over the Roman Empire
- The Final Season of Netflix’s Sex Education Sends Off a Beloved Cast in Style
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- The Case for Mediocrity
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time