Residents of a certain 0.3-mile long road in the Olympic Heights subdivision of Austin, Texas have noticed visitors stopping to take photos of their street sign lately. That’s because they live on Bruce Jenner Lane, one of many roads named after Olympic athletes in the neighborhood—a name that now seems out of date since the celebrity’s debut as Caitlyn Jenner.
“Should we put both [names] there? Tape one underneath it?” one resident remarked to local ABC affiliate KVUE. “I thought about doing it myself.”
Though residents support Caitlyn’s transition, some say they would prefer not to have to change their address on public records.
Austin will not be alone in having to make a decision on renaming: There is another Bruce Jenner Lane in El Paso, and a Bruce Jenner Drive in Clarksville, Tenn.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears