When Jon Hamm was performing Don Draper’s emotional final call with Peggy Olson on Mad Men‘s series final, Elisabeth Moss was trying to deal with her cats.
On Late Night with Seth Meyers, Moss explained that it was typically mandated that both actors in phone call scenes be present, even when only one side of the call is being shot. But because Jon Hamm was in Big Sur, Moss was actually on the phone with him. So while Hamm was performing Don’s breakdown, she was in bed. “I was in my pajamas with coffee and like my cats on the phone with Jon playing Don,” she said. “He’s like crying and I’m like trying to get the cats to be quiet.”
It was “odd,” according to Moss, but also “really moving and wonderful.”
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving