When Jon Hamm was performing Don Draper’s emotional final call with Peggy Olson on Mad Men‘s series final, Elisabeth Moss was trying to deal with her cats.
On Late Night with Seth Meyers, Moss explained that it was typically mandated that both actors in phone call scenes be present, even when only one side of the call is being shot. But because Jon Hamm was in Big Sur, Moss was actually on the phone with him. So while Hamm was performing Don’s breakdown, she was in bed. “I was in my pajamas with coffee and like my cats on the phone with Jon playing Don,” she said. “He’s like crying and I’m like trying to get the cats to be quiet.”
It was “odd,” according to Moss, but also “really moving and wonderful.”
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart