When Jon Hamm was performing Don Draper’s emotional final call with Peggy Olson on Mad Men‘s series final, Elisabeth Moss was trying to deal with her cats.
On Late Night with Seth Meyers, Moss explained that it was typically mandated that both actors in phone call scenes be present, even when only one side of the call is being shot. But because Jon Hamm was in Big Sur, Moss was actually on the phone with him. So while Hamm was performing Don’s breakdown, she was in bed. “I was in my pajamas with coffee and like my cats on the phone with Jon playing Don,” she said. “He’s like crying and I’m like trying to get the cats to be quiet.”
It was “odd,” according to Moss, but also “really moving and wonderful.”
- Here’s How Effective the Original Vaccines Are Against Omicron
- The Promise—And Possible Perils—of Editing What We Say Online
- How Trump Survived Decades of Legal Trouble: Deny, Deflect, Delay, and Don't Put Anything in Writing
- Flint Is Still Shaken by its Water Crisis—and Residents Are Experiencing Long-Term Mental-Health Issues
- A Beer Shortage Is Brewing. A Volcano Is Partly to Blame
- How Fasting Can—and Can't—Improve Gut Health
- Cities Keep Enforcing Curfews for Teens, Despite Evidence They Don't Stop Crime
- Joe Manchin’s Red Tape Reform Could Supercharge Renewable Energy in the U.S.
- Column: We Should Talk More About What a Brilliant Actor Marilyn Monroe Was