Jane Fonda’s dance parties, as she described them on The Late Late Show Thursday night, seem like the most fun. Where else can you get down with the likes of Chelsea Handler, Spike Jonze, and Ellen Page? And, on top of that, according to Fonda, Page “dances like a little ladybug.”
So we don’t blame James Corden and Elizabeth Banks for trying — and shimmying — their hardest to snag an invite. (Banks, apparently, has twice attended before but only as a plus one.) Their tryout even descended into almost-Magic Mike territory.
The routine pays off for Corden and Banks, but now we’re left wondering why did Fonda say she doesn’t “really invite” Lily Tomlin to the parties?
- Volodymyr Zelensky and the Spirit of Ukraine: TIME's 2022 Person of the Year
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List