Academy Award winners Steven Spielberg and Tom Hanks’ latest film Bridge of Spies is a dramatic thriller set during the tension of the Cold War.
The true story, by Matt Charman, Ethan Coen & Joel Coen, stars Hanks as James Donovan, a Brooklyn lawyer given an unenviable task by the CIA to defend a Russian spy discovered in the U.S. and negotiate the release of an American U-2 pilot captured on Russian soil.
The film also features Mark Rylance as Rudolf Abel, the Russian KGB agent defended by Donovan, Scott Shepherd as CIA operative Hoffman and Amy Ryan as James’ wife.
Bridge of Spies releases nationwide on Oct. 16.
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate