Academy Award winners Steven Spielberg and Tom Hanks’ latest film Bridge of Spies is a dramatic thriller set during the tension of the Cold War.
The true story, by Matt Charman, Ethan Coen & Joel Coen, stars Hanks as James Donovan, a Brooklyn lawyer given an unenviable task by the CIA to defend a Russian spy discovered in the U.S. and negotiate the release of an American U-2 pilot captured on Russian soil.
The film also features Mark Rylance as Rudolf Abel, the Russian KGB agent defended by Donovan, Scott Shepherd as CIA operative Hoffman and Amy Ryan as James’ wife.
Bridge of Spies releases nationwide on Oct. 16.
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Here Are All the Movies and TV Shows That Make Up the New DCU
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year
- Brazil Wants to Abandon a 34,000-Ton Ship at Sea. It Would be an Environmental Disaster
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in January 2023