To help cope with Jon Stewart’s imminent departure from The Daily Show, Melissa McCarthy designed a special kimono-style dress plastered with images of Jon Stewart. Then she surprised him by wearing it to the Daily Show Wednesday night, where she dropped by to discuss her upcoming movie, Spy.
“What odd Time Squares t-shirt shop do they do this at?” Stewart asks.
“Sadly, this is me making it,” McCarthy responds. “This is how I’ll rock myself to sleep crying every night when you stop doing this show.”
Here’s a closer look at the dress, which McCarthy flaunted on Instagram:
The actress recently debuted her new clothing line, Melissa McCarthy Seven7, so fingers crossed this Jon Stewart kimono will be available for purchase.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms