Today in #TBT: Miley Cyrus’ audition tape for Hannah Montana resurfaced online Thursday morning. The clip includes all three rounds of her as a 12-year-old—that once-signature long hair included—singing, acting, and doing a pretty cool secret handshake with dad Billy Ray, who used to be on the program that ran from 2006 to 2011 with his daughter.
Cyrus is now 22, and has moved on to bigger things (Happie Hippie Foundation videos are just one of them!)—but isn’t it nice to remember right where she started? We get the best of both worlds!
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms