A BBC radio host had to apologize after referring to Caitlyn Jenner, formerly Bruce Jenner, as “he” on air.
“Now, this is complicated,” James Naughtie said on BBC Radio 4’s Today morning program, according to the Hollywood Reporter. “He used to be called Bruce but he’s now a woman. I realize some of you will never have heard of Kim Kardashian, let alone her stepfather, who was Bruce and is now a woman but, anyway, they are very well known on television.”
After backlash from fans saying he was insensitive to transgender issues, Naughtie apologized on Twitter:
If only this handy Twitter bot could have corrected Naughtie in real life.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How a Government Shutdown Could Affect You
- Colleges Get Creative to Boost Mental Health
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time