German car manufacturer Audi and California-based shoe-maker Toms have together created limited edition alpargatas-style shoe. The slip-on is asphalt grey with stoplight red stitching, a meld of Audi’s brand colors. Like the interior patterning, a tag on the outside displays the car’s logo, its signature conjoined rings.
Otherwise, it’s hard to tell them apart from a regular pair of Toms shoes.
The unusual promotion is part of Audi’s “summer of Audi sales event,” which takes place from June 3 to Aug. 4 in the U.S. To own a pair, you’ll just need to purchase or lease an Audi [fortune-stock symbol=”AUDVF”] vehicle first.
As part of the deal, Toms has agreed to donate 55,000 pairs of shoes to children in need through its “giving partners” program in the U.S. Since 2009, the company has donated more than a million pairs of shoes through the program.
“We are excited to be partnering with Audi, a company that shares our passion for progressive ideas and positive impact, to create a unique giving experience for Audi customers,” said Toms founder Blake Mycoskie in a statement.
Here’s the pair of company’s joint commercial, which features an Audi RS7 “sportback” car alongside the special edition espadrilles:
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022