YouTube’s users recently voted for the best advertisements of the past 10 years as part of the online video site’s 10th anniversary celebrations — and there was some fierce (and adorable) competition.
While Volkswagen’s “The Force” stole hearts the world over when it debuted during the 2011 Super Bowl, Turkish Airline’s “Kobe vs. Messi: The Selfie Shootout” captured the top title for Ad of the Decade.
It’s a 60-second spot featuring Kobe Bryant and Lionel Messi in an epic battle for the best selfie. While it wasn’t critically lauded like the other ads in the top five, it was a massive hit. The spot has clocked up over 140 million views to date, nearly twice the views of any of the other top runners.
Check out all five top ads below.
- Dove “Real Beauty Sketches”
- Volvo Trucks “The Epic Split feat. Van Damme”
- Always “#LikeAGirl”
- Volkswagen “The Force”
- Turkish Airlines “Kobe vs. Messi: The Selfie Shootout”
Read next: Here’s How Much Youtube Is Worth
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up