The debut of Stephen Colbert’s Late Show might still be months away, but it’s already showing signs of life. That life, however, means the death of “The Colbeard.” (Tom Selleck’s mustache is “such a b***h.”)
Mourn Colbert’s gorgeous chin mane with a video from The Late Show in which he tries out different facial hair styles including the “not Hitler” and the “half Wolverine.” It all culminates with a montage remembrance of the beard set to the tune of Green Day’s “Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)” but with the lyrics from “Camptown Races.”
Today also saw the launch of a Twitter account for The Late Show with Stephen Colbert. The first tweet is pleasingly cheeky.
- Here’s How Effective the Original Vaccines Are Against Omicron
- The Promise—And Possible Perils—of Editing What We Say Online
- How Trump Survived Decades of Legal Trouble: Deny, Deflect, Delay, and Don't Put Anything in Writing
- Flint Is Still Shaken by its Water Crisis—and Residents Are Experiencing Long-Term Mental-Health Issues
- A Beer Shortage Is Brewing. A Volcano Is Partly to Blame
- How Fasting Can—and Can't—Improve Gut Health
- Cities Keep Enforcing Curfews for Teens, Despite Evidence They Don't Stop Crime
- Joe Manchin’s Red Tape Reform Could Supercharge Renewable Energy in the U.S.
- Column: We Should Talk More About What a Brilliant Actor Marilyn Monroe Was