Owners of the Beats by Dre Pill XL speaker will need to make an exchange, unless they want to see their listening session go up in flames.
The voluntary recall allows owners of the speaker, manufactured by the company Apple acquired last year, to get a full $395 refund, reports TechCrunch. Customers have a choice of either an electronic payment, or credit at the Apple Store.
The reason for the recall? A remote risk of fire if the device overheats.
The hardware business of Beats was commonly thought to be an afterthought in Apple’s acquisition of the company last year, with more attention paid to the streaming service Apple is hoping to monetize.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time