Owners of the Beats by Dre Pill XL speaker will need to make an exchange, unless they want to see their listening session go up in flames.
The voluntary recall allows owners of the speaker, manufactured by the company Apple acquired last year, to get a full $395 refund, reports TechCrunch. Customers have a choice of either an electronic payment, or credit at the Apple Store.
The reason for the recall? A remote risk of fire if the device overheats.
The hardware business of Beats was commonly thought to be an afterthought in Apple’s acquisition of the company last year, with more attention paid to the streaming service Apple is hoping to monetize.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow