Disney is working on turning the nightmare-inducing “Night on Bald Mountain” sequence of Fantasia into a (presumably) nightmare-inducing live-action film.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, a live-action version of the “Night on Bald Mountain” sequence from Fantasia is in “early development at the studio.” Matt Sazama and Burk Sharpless are attached to write and executive produce, TIME confirmed; the pair wrote 2014’s Dracula Untold.
The did-we-mention-it’s-scary “Night on Bald Mountain” part of Fantasia—which is set to music by Modest Mussorgsky and features all sorts of dancing demons and skeletal ghosts—features Chernabog, who has recently shown up on the ABC series Once Upon a Time.
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now