On Jimmy Kimmel Live Tuesday night, the comedian hosted the “Jimmy Kimmel Live Spelling Bee” where he faced off with this year’s co-champions of the Scripps National Spelling Bee, 13-year-old Vanya Shivashankar and 14-year-old Gokul Venkatachalam.
“They won the competition by spelling each other’s names correctly,” Kimmel joked. “Winning the spelling bee is a big deal… you get to hear your name mispronounced by every newscaster in America.”
He made sure he was the funniest person in the room even if he came out looking like the worst speller.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time