A Montana driver was cited for reckless driving after he was found with thousands of bees flying freely in his car.
The Montana Highway Patrol troopers responded to a report on May 22 near Missoula of a “vehicle driving all over the road,” UPI reports. Police found a motorist was transporting five hives of bees that had been allowed to fly freely around the inside of the car.
According to Montana’s beekeeper, the motorist’s method of transporting the bees did not require a permit, though it was “very unsafe.”
The driver said the insects were “harmless” Russian honey bees.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow