A Montana driver was cited for reckless driving after he was found with thousands of bees flying freely in his car.
The Montana Highway Patrol troopers responded to a report on May 22 near Missoula of a “vehicle driving all over the road,” UPI reports. Police found a motorist was transporting five hives of bees that had been allowed to fly freely around the inside of the car.
According to Montana’s beekeeper, the motorist’s method of transporting the bees did not require a permit, though it was “very unsafe.”
The driver said the insects were “harmless” Russian honey bees.
- Governor Gretchen Whitmer on Her Fight for Abortion Access in Michigan
- Inside the War on Fake Consumer Reviews
- Column: Europe's Refugee Crisis Is Going to Get Worse
- How Lawmakers Are Trying to Protect Abortion Data Privacy
- The Surprising Thing That Could Help Ease Inflation
- Finding the American Dream in Canada
- The Safest Sunscreens to Buy—and Which Ingredients to Avoid
- Fact-Checking 8 Claims About Crypto’s Climate Impact
- How Grief Upsets Your Gut Health
- Who Could Replace Boris Johnson As U.K. Prime Minister?