It seems the “Deadly Adoption” Kristen Wiig and Will Ferrell took part in will go through. The “secret” Lifetime movie that Wiig and Ferrell made, a fact which seemed delightfully insane and then possibly elusive, now has a billboard.
The Hollywood Reporter spotted the billboard for A Deadly Adoption on Hollywood Boulevard, which features a very serious-looking Wiig and Ferrell, the latter of whom has a ridiculous beard for the ages. The billboard announces that the movie will premiere on “Sunday June 20.” Though June 20 is actually a Saturday, THR reports that according to “sources” the movie will indeed air on that date. So either that billboard has a big typo or it’s intentionally confusing. We’re willing to believe anything with this project.
THR reported back in April—on April Fools’, no less—that the movie had already been filmed, but after news of its existence broke, Ferrell issued a statement to Entertainment Weekly saying: “We are deeply disappointed that our planned top secret project was made public. Kristen and I have decided it is in the best interest for everyone to forego the project entirely, and we thank Lifetime and all the people who were ready to help us make this film.”
Update: Lifetime has confirmed to TIME that the movie will indeed air on June 20.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.