Police have arrested a man in connection with the animal cruelty case involving Caitlyn, an adorable stray whose muzzle was taped shut last week.
William Leonard Dodson was arrested on Monday and charged with ill treatment of animals-torture, according to Charleston’s Post and Courier.
The 15-month-old chocolate Staffordshire pup was found Wednesday in a North Charleston, South Carolina, neighborhood with black electrical tape wrapped around her muzzle, which trapped her tongue between her teeth painfully for several days.
The Charleston Animal Society, which is currently caring for the dog, offered a $1,000 reward for the arrest and conviction of the person responsible for the crime. The Humane Society of the United States also offered up to $5,000.
Almost a week since she was discovered, Caitlyn seems to be making strides.
“[Caitlyn] still has a long way to go in her recovery,” reads a Facebook post from the animal society on Tuesday. “She still faces surgery to repair her lips and possibly her tongue!”
A fund has been set up to help with Caitlyn’s medical costs.
This article originally appeared on People.com.
- Succession Was a Race to the Bottom, And Everybody Won
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why You Can't Remember That Taylor Swift Concert All Too Well
- How Four Trans Teens Threw the Prom of Their Dreams
- Why Turkey’s Longtime Leader Is an Electoral Powerhouse
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- Drought Crisis Spurs U.S.-Mexico Collaboration
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction