Harry Potter is taking his talents to Hollywood. After the Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park proved to be a smash success in Orlando, Universal Studios Hollywood announced Tuesday that it will open another Wizarding World in Los Angeles
The new park based on the beloved book series by J.K. Rowling will feature many of the same attractions as its East Coast counterpart, including the Hogwarts castle and Hogsmeade shops that sell pumpkin juice and butterbeer.
But the West Coast wizards will also boast some advantages, including a new spin on Orlando’s popular “Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey” simulation ride: hyper-realistic 3-D technology. The new park will also include a new outdoor ride dubbed “Flight of the Hippogriff.”
The first Wizarding World of Harry Potter park opened in Orlando in 2010, boosting Universal Studios Orlando Resort’s sales. Just last year, theme-park revenue rose 17% to $2.6 billion for the year, according to the company’s reports. Universal opened another Harry Potter amusement park in Japan before deciding to expand to California.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time