Harry Potter is taking his talents to Hollywood. After the Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park proved to be a smash success in Orlando, Universal Studios Hollywood announced Tuesday that it will open another Wizarding World in Los Angeles
The new park based on the beloved book series by J.K. Rowling will feature many of the same attractions as its East Coast counterpart, including the Hogwarts castle and Hogsmeade shops that sell pumpkin juice and butterbeer.
But the West Coast wizards will also boast some advantages, including a new spin on Orlando’s popular “Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey” simulation ride: hyper-realistic 3-D technology. The new park will also include a new outdoor ride dubbed “Flight of the Hippogriff.”
The first Wizarding World of Harry Potter park opened in Orlando in 2010, boosting Universal Studios Orlando Resort’s sales. Just last year, theme-park revenue rose 17% to $2.6 billion for the year, according to the company’s reports. Universal opened another Harry Potter amusement park in Japan before deciding to expand to California.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization