Nintendo is putting the kibosh on rumors that its next gaming console will run on Google’s Android operating system.
The Android-on-Nintendo rumors were first sparked by a Japanese publication earlier this week. But a Nintendo official is making it clear that the new system, codenamed NX, will not run Android.
“There is no truth to the report saying that we are planning to adopt Android for NX,” a Nintendo spokesperson told the Wall Street Journal.
Though console gaming is what made Nintendo famous, the company recently announced that it was expanding into mobile games, possibly bringing your favorite Nintendo franchises — Donkey Kong, Super Mario Brothers, and the Legend of Zelda, for example — to mobile devices.
Read more: 3 Reasons Nintendo Should Switch to Google Android
- AI Is Not an Arms Race
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- Matthew Macfadyen on Succession Series Finale
- How Worried Should the World Be of China's New COVID Wave?
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why Everyone Is Having Bad Sex (Especially Young People)
- The 30 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2023
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction