Community fans will be delighted to hear that Community may be resurrected… again.
The show that always finds a way to audiences’ television and laptop screens will likely be turned into a movie, according to star Joel McHale.
“I think we will do a movie if [writer Dan Harmon] will write the script,” he told Conan O’Brien on Monday night.
After a turbulent run at NBC, where low ratings threatened to lead to the show’s cancelation for years, the network finally dumped the cult-favorite Community in 2014. Yahoo offered to pick up the show for a sixth season, which aired this fall.
Earlier this year at South by Southwest. Harmon hinted that he and Yahoo were nearing a deal for a film.
“Yahoo seems down for just about anything,” Harmon said. “I don’t know why they’d turn their nose up to a movie about a low-rated show. They seem to be very naive.”
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate