Community fans will be delighted to hear that Community may be resurrected… again.
The show that always finds a way to audiences’ television and laptop screens will likely be turned into a movie, according to star Joel McHale.
“I think we will do a movie if [writer Dan Harmon] will write the script,” he told Conan O’Brien on Monday night.
After a turbulent run at NBC, where low ratings threatened to lead to the show’s cancelation for years, the network finally dumped the cult-favorite Community in 2014. Yahoo offered to pick up the show for a sixth season, which aired this fall.
Earlier this year at South by Southwest. Harmon hinted that he and Yahoo were nearing a deal for a film.
“Yahoo seems down for just about anything,” Harmon said. “I don’t know why they’d turn their nose up to a movie about a low-rated show. They seem to be very naive.”
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time