“It takes courage to share your story,” the @BarackObama Twitter account posted in response to Jenner’s second-ever tweet. Obama, who has a personal account at @POTUS, had been the record-holder for fastest to reach 1 million Twitter followers before Jenner bested the president on Monday.
In addition to the praise, Obama also directed people to share their own stories in the fight for LGBT rights at the Organizing for Action website.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time