“It takes courage to share your story,” the @BarackObama Twitter account posted in response to Jenner’s second-ever tweet. Obama, who has a personal account at @POTUS, had been the record-holder for fastest to reach 1 million Twitter followers before Jenner bested the president on Monday.
In addition to the praise, Obama also directed people to share their own stories in the fight for LGBT rights at the Organizing for Action website.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms