A video of a 2012 Joe Biden speech circulated Monday as the vice president privately grieved the loss of his eldest son, Beau.
In his heartfelt and moving speech to the families of fallen soldiers, Biden discusses his own grief over the death of his daughter and wife in a 1972 car accident shortly after he had won his first race for the Senate.
Biden talks about his two sons, Beau and Hunt, nearly dying in the accident as well, and tells the families in the audience that the tragedy brought his family closer. “You know what you’re going to find out? Your relationship with your son and daughter, which was already close, is going to be like a bond of steel that runs through your chest and theirs and wraps you together,” Biden said.
Beau, Biden’s son, died Saturday night after a long battle with brain cancer.
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Here Are All the Movies and TV Shows That Make Up the New DCU
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year
- Brazil Wants to Abandon a 34,000-Ton Ship at Sea. It Would be an Environmental Disaster
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in January 2023