Caitlyn Jenner, formerly Bruce Jenner, appears as herself on the July 2015 cover of Vanity Fair. The cover features a glamorous Annie Leibovitz image, and the line “Call Me Caitlyn,” which many are using as a hashtag. The news was immediately a topic of conversation on the Internet, with #CaitlynJenner trending on many social networks.
Celebrities took to social media to express pride and support for Jenner, beginning with one of Caitlyn’s daughters, Kendall Jenner, and stepdaughters Kim and Khloé Kardashian.
Other celebrities tweeted their congratulations as well:
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy